The Fairheads Legacy Trust
(Reg. No. IT888/2017)
What is The Fairheads Legacy Trust?
The Trust is a cost-effective, professionally administered umbrella trust which has been designed to safeguard assets on behalf of beneficiaries.
The product is based on Fairheads’ experience in trusteeship for over 90 years, as well as our superior administration as Southern Africa’s leading independent benefits administrator.
The estate planning advantages of trusts are well known, but trusts have traditionally been beyond the reach of the man in the street. Where stand-alone trusts have been set up they are often unnecessarily expensive and a burden to administer.
The Fairheads Legacy Trust changes all that. At last there is a trust for the middle market.
The Trust has been designed as a cost-effective, professionally administered vehicle to safeguard assets on behalf of beneficiaries.
- Deceased estates
- Inter vivos trusts
- Testamentary bequests
- Road Accident Fund (RAF)
- Medical malpractice payments
- Life insurance payments
- Disability policies
- Retirement funds
- Private trusts
- Discretionary savings for education or any other purpose
Who can benefit?
Anyone interested in preserving their legacy on behalf of their loved ones can contact us. In addition, attorneys and others involved with trusts may welcome the opportunity to obtain professional trusteeship at a reasonable cost.
• The fiduciary, trusteeship, investments and governance aspects are all taken care of
• No need to register a trust deed
• Access to funds from day one
• No need to appoint trustees
• A simple process in place
• Transparency on costs
• Peace of mind that funds are safely invested with best of breed investment managers.
Why The Fairheads Legacy Trust?
- Our client-centric approach means that clients experience a service that is efficient and accessible, with a state-of-the art contact centre and regional walk-in centres.
- Trusteeship – access to trustee services is available from experienced trustees with legal and fiduciary qualifications
- Communication – clients receive annual financial statements, an annual investment report, annual tax information if applicable and an annual newsletter.
- Benefits of scale – leading to reduced costs
- Strong governance – we ensure that the benefits promised in terms of the rules are actually delivered; that the benefits are optimal with minimal risks; and that the process of delivery of these benefits is credible and worthy of the trust of the beneficiaries
- Independent, best-of-breed investment managers – institutional investment fees are negotiated on behalf of beneficiaries, and an investment policy statement is in place. Investment allocations can be tailored to meet individual needs, or our default allocation model can be used.
How it works
- The settlor/beneficiary/intermediary completes the application form and supporting documents.
- Regular payment distributions are carefully managed to contribute towards the general well-being expenses of the beneficiaries, whilst allowing for the preservation of the capital.
- Capital claims are assessed for affordability, taking into account the age and needs of the beneficiaries.
- Communication – you will receive:
– annual financial statements
– an annual investment report
– annual tax information if applicable
– an annual newsletter.
– SMS and email are mainly used to communicate, where possible, together with our Facebook page and the Fairheads website.
• Independent, best of breed investment managers are appointed by the trustees, and their performance is monitored and reported on, on an ongoing basis to ensure that assets are managed appropriately.
• Institutional investment fees are negotiated on behalf of beneficiaries, ensuring that the benefits of scale are achieved.
• An investment policy statement is in place, reviewed regularly by the trustees and an independent asset consultant.
• Investment allocations can be tailored to meet individual needs, or our default allocation model can be used.
Download The Fairheads Legacy Trust brochure.
Fairheads is an authorised financial services provider.