Fairheads Benefit Services prides itself on high standards of governance. In many instances, we have led the way for the industry. The following are some of the basic reassurances we can give our clients.
- We are an authorised financial services provider (FSP number 18428)
- We are licensed as a section 13B administrator in terms of the Pension Funds Act
- Both The Fairheads Umbrella Beneficiary Fund and The Fairheads Umbrella Trust have independent professional trustee representation.
- We carry sufficient professional indemnity and directors’ and officers’ liability cover.
- The relationship between trustee and administrator is governed by an administration agreement.
- A service level standard between the retirement fund and the fund administrator determines the expected service level.
- The beneficiary and trust fund boards of trustees appoint independent asset managers and independent asset consultants.
- An investment policy statement per beneficiary fund and trust fund approved by the board.
- We have an internal audit, risk and compliance committee. There is a risk management policy in place and a compliance report is submitted to the Financial Services Conduct Authority (formerly the Financial Services Board) annually.
- We have a superior information technology platform and a comprehensive disaster recovery plan.
- Fairheads is committed to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards in the execution of its business activities. We have a Conflict of Interest policy which all our employees must adhere to and which is required by the General Code of Conduct to the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS). The policy is available from our Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a Complaints Resolution policy which complies with FAIS legislation and pension fund legislation. Read the summary of the complaints resolution policy here.
- In accordance with The Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA), No 2 of 2000 we have an information manual which provides guidelines on how to exercise rights to access to information. Download the information manual, request forms and information on the applicable fees here.
- Fairheads’ Compliance Officer can be contacted at email@example.com.